Friday 21 August 2009

Project Grailsword\Contqual Part 5

Sergeant Development

As per the fluff Iron Hands don't have their Terminator Veterans in squads, the veterans lead other squads to inspire their battle brothers.

Terminator Sergeant
0-3 Tactical, Sternguard or Vanguard squads may replace their Sergeant with a Terminator Sergeant.

WS BS S T W I A LD SV
4 4 4 4 1 4 2 9 2+
Unit Type: Infantry
Wargear: Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Power Sword
Special Rules: And They Shall Know No Fear, Combat Tactics, Inspiring Presence
Options: He may replace his Power Sword for a Power Fist at no cost. He may replace his Power Sword and Stormbolter with either a Pair of Lightning Claws or a Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield.

Special Rules
Inspiring Presence: Whilst a Terminator Sergeant is alive the unit may re-roll failed Morale Checks.

1 comment:

  1. I like the ability to give him options.

    I do think his buff is fairly useful, and I'd probably make him cost about 20-30 points. He's a terminator with a ld reroll, and the average sarge is about 20-30 points. It seems fair enough.

    Taking him, though, does pretty much relegate that squad to foot-slogging or riding a Raider, though. I would never run Vanguard vets (...gee, by the time I give them even a power weapon, they're 5 points less than a terminator that could have a hammer and shield. Which one of these is better?).

    As such, I think the morale boost helps, though I would assume him in terminator armor means the squad cannot sweeping advance, unless you allow it. I think it's up to you whether or not he can, since it's not a big thing and I'd think all his buddies could run down the stuff and kill it nicely while he says encouraging things.

    ReplyDelete